Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Healthy Lunches, Butterflies, and Creepy Guys! Oh My!



Dear Friend,

Today was a grrrr-eat day! :) I slept in wayyy too late, but that's alright because I was as busy as a bee the rest of the day!

Quick recap from yesterday: Didn't get to post yesterday because I had a TERRIBLE migraine last night! So, I do have something to say about my day yesterday: I watched one of my FAVORITE movies: Fool's Gold! I could watch that movie all the time--I just LOVE it! Also, if you are looking for some good deals on Christmas stuff--summer is the time to buy! I bought a BEAUTIFUL tart burner and a couple of Christmas smelling tarts for only $10--what a deal! I always look for old holiday stuff after the holidays have past and then use it next year--why pay full price if you can just get it later!?!? So there's a shopping tip! I love a good deal! :)

My lil bro started his finals today so I picked him up from school and took him to go eat a healthy, well-rounded lunch at McDonalds. (See photos..the one of just me is how i eat fries sometimes: I drive with one hand and hold the fries and grab the fries with my mouth..it's classy.) ..We are all about eating healthy--lemme tell ya! ;)

So then I had to take a package to the post office. I jammed out to Taylor Swift's "Today was a Fairytale"...it always makes my smile a little wider! I'm standing in line, and the post man calls me up when it's my turn to come up to the counter, and there is a woman working in the station next to him (but she wasn't taking customers), and he is an older man and he keeps smiling at me. All of a sudden the lady exclaims "wow, young lady, your eyes are just so beautiful and so bright!!!!" and then the man smiles and says "Ah, I know!! I couldn't help but look into them! So beautiful indeed!!"...I'm pretty sure I blushed, but I thanked them for their kind remarks!! I think every girl should be complimented on something about themselves at least once a day--it's such a great feeling! So here's my challenge: If something about someone strikes you (in a good way,LOL)--you need to tell them!!! Don't feel awkward because I can promise you that 100% of the time you are going to totally make their whole day (or week, month, or year!!).

Then I spent the rest of the afternoon uploading photos. Can I just say that the thought of having to upload photos makes me want to have a temper-tantrum and throw myself on the ground and pound my feet and fists against the floor and whine!!! It is so boring and time consuming...I can name 10 things off the top of my head I would rather do (1. go outside 2. walk my dog 3. peel potatoes 4. paint my toe nails 5. wash dishes 6. dance around in a vacant room 7. climb a tree 8. wash my car 9. cross-stitch 10. eat/bake something--BOOM BABY!! That's ten things off the top of my head that I would rather do than upload photos!!!) Here's the protocol for uploading photos that drives me CrAzY--upload photos from camera to computer; go through all photos and take out red eye (I always get red-eye!!); then I have to upload all of those photos onto snapfish.com (I like to have my photos on snapfish to ensure that if my computer ever crashes--my photos are safe online!)...now you know why my photos RARELY make it to Facebook...that's double the time waiting for these photos to upload!! I'm determined though to get all my old photos done, clear out my photo card and then it will be a much quicker process..I think the fact that I wait until I have 400 pictures to do at a time is the reason I hate it so much,lol!!

Oh, Friend, I saved a butterfly today! For those of you who don't know every secret about me...here's one: I'm TERRIFIED of butterflies. It's ridiculous--I know--but guess what, what about me isn't ridiculous?! They get caught in our patio screening in the backyard, and I've saved like 4 butterflies, and I think I'm getting to place where I may be able to touch one to save it (I've been using the pool net). So I saved a butterfly today, but my mom had to help me--she ended up getting the butterfly out, but I helped! :)

After church tonight, I was pumping gas and Friend, if you are a guy--listen up, I have some advice for ya: If you want to make an "impression" on a girl--DO NOT drive slowly by and do the whole creepy stare thing. It's called "the whole creepy stare thing" because it's CREEPY!!! Creeps aren't appealing...they CREEP girls out!!! Don't be creepers!! A girl wants a guy who will sweep her off her feet--duh!! Okay so that's my advice.

Music Advice: Listen to Frank Sinatra....he's the man! I've been sharing his goodness with the whole family the last couple of days--let me tell ya: they are enjoying it! :)

I hope you, dearest Friend, have a pleasant night, sweet dreams, and a very very good night :)

Lotsa Love,
Linds

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading you blog!!! Awesome:) And Frank Sinatra is the man!!!!!
    -Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks Patty!! You're too sweet!! Frank is the man!!! :) Let me know how those peanut butter cookies turn out! :)

    <3 Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. its bond.

    This could be your best blog that i've read. Its the mr. rogers special: calling the reader "friend" just like he called the viewer "neighbor." haha you're such a trip lindsey

    i do believe you and i have been sharing the phenomenon that is sinatra...this is what my life has come down to: pushing for a tag in lindsey baggetts' blog

    if only those unenlightened guys took after me

    ReplyDelete