Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Awww "Shucks" :)

Dear Friend,

After spending a long afternoon shopping in Wal-Mart, what would you want to do when you got home?

...I prefer to shuck corn.
I got home and shucked 20 ears of corn like a pro, and then prepped them to be cooked on Memorial Day. They were beautiful and I have to say--I love shucking corn! I was doing it and my sister told me I belong on a farm, and I have to agree with her. It's strange because I belong on a farm, but I also should be a Native American. Every time I shuck corn, I secretly pretend I'm Pocahontas. I sing all the songs in my head (okay..sometimes out loud--who am I kidding, when do I ever sing in my head if singing out loud is an option?!!?). I have to say, prepping corn is seriously awesome and...I need to grow my own corn. On another note--Wal-Mart was selling corn for 19 cents a piece...that's a pretty darn good deal! So if you're a college student--enjoy some fresh corn on the cob from Wal-Mart! :)..I bet if you sing Pocahontas songs while you prepare it and eat it you will enjoy it 100x more!..it's just a suggestion! :)



So there I am shucking the corn--this picture is me showing you my skills and also--it's a scene from Pocahontas (when she shows John Smith her version of "gold").


This is a picture of my corn before I cleaned up the ends and bagged them. They were so beautiful!!!

So...my secret hope is that you will now desire to watch Pocahontas! If you do decide to watch it--I would LOVE to watch it with you!!!! And Honey Bear would appreciate an invite too because that's her favorite movie (seriously, she'll lay in front of the tv and watch it--it's her fav!) :)

I hope you had a pleasant Sunday, and found something just as enjoyable as shucking corn to do! :)

Lotsa Love,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment